Warlords of Draenor now has a release date of November 13th 2014 and Patch 6.0 is due to hit live servers in September or October. Many addon authors, including myself, have been scrambling around making sure your favourite addons will continue to work when the patch goes live.
Here’s a quick summary of my current state of development:
- Accomplishment – NO ERRORS.
- AutoEquipQuestItem – NO ERRORS.
- BigWigs Crowd Control – UNTESTED as I have not yet joined a raid in the beta.
- BottleCap – NO ERRORS.
- Broker oQueue – UNTESTED as oQueue’s future is currently unknown.
- Broker uClock – NO ERRORS.
- Chinchilla Minimap – WILL CAUSE ERRORS but an updated alpha package is available.
- Colourblind Mode – NO ERRORS although major features currently do not work as advertised.
- EPGP Filter – UNTESTED as I am not in a guild that uses the EPGP loot system.
- EPGP Priority Output – UNTESTED as I am not in a guild that uses the EPGP loot system.
- FuBar uClock – DISCONTINUED. Please download Broker uClock instead.
- HandyNotes Hallow’s End – UNTESTED as HandyNotes and LibAstrolabe are causing errors.
- HandyNotes Lunar Festival – UNTESTED as HandyNotes and LibAstrolabe are causing errors.
- HandyNotes Summer Festival – UNTESTED as HandyNotes and LibAstrolabe are causing errors.
- ItemGuard – NO ERRORS.
- Jaedia’s Menagerie – NO ERRORS.
- MogIt Highlighter – NO ERRORS.
- PetEmote – NO ERRORS.
- SignOn – NO ERRORS.
- TourGuide Lunar Festival – DISCONTINUED. Please download HandyNotes Lunar Festival instead.
- TourGuide Summer Festival – DISCONTINUED. Please download HandyNotes Summer Festival instead.
- TradeSkillInfo – NO ERRORS but the recipe database will be out of date and a major update is in progress.
- Visor2 GUI – NO ERRORS.
Amazingly, only the current v2.6 release of Chinchilla Minimap is known to cause errors with Patch 6.0 and I have since fixed the problems. Alpha packages v2.6-24 and onwards will work fine with the current Warlords of Draenor beta build, but will not work for Patch 5.4.8 live servers. A v2.6.1 release package for Chinchilla will be made available for download once Patch 6.0 is deployed on live servers.
Colourblind Mode will work without errors but the colour shaders introduced in Patch 4.3 either do not work or have been removed. I will keep an eye on this and hope that this can be fixed either by me or Blizzard themselves.
My main focus right now is to continue working on overhauling TradeSkillInfo, however I am making excellent progress and if everything goes well I hope to share the major changes in a future post. The majority of my other projects appear to be working fine and only need to be flagged as “up-to-date” in World of Warcraft’s addons list. Of course, if any errors do crop up I will investigate and fix them as soon as possible.
Happy testing, and I’ll see you in Draenor!