Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2016 has been kind to you thus far.
Today marks my first addon update for the year as HandyNotes Lunar Festival received a reasonable update well in advance for this year’s Lunar Festival in-game event. While there hasn’t been very many large changes, the code is now in line with my Hallow’s End plug-in which received several updates in October last year.
One of the most notable changes is the drop-down menu to create a TomTom waypoint has been removed. All you need to do to create a waypoint is right-click on the Elder’s marker pin on the world map and you are good to go. The menu was simply too small to be of any other use and many other HandyNotes plug-ins also have a one-click waypoint feature.
The next biggest change is a community-requested alt+right-click shortcut to set waypoints to every unvisited Lunar Festival elder. This is another feature provided by other HandyNotes modules and it was missing from my Lunar Festival plug-in until now.
The new version of HandyNotes Lunar Festival is available to download from Curse and requires HandyNotes to work. Please note that the Lunar Festival plug-in now requires the core HandyNotes addon at Version 1.4.0 or newer. Attempting to use an older version of HandyNotes will create a message in the chatbox warning you that the plug-in will not work until you update.
The 2016 Lunar Festival begins slightly earlier than last year, beginning on the 2nd of Februrary and lasting until the 15th of February. As always, if you find any problems or error messages please let me know and I’ll do my best to solve the problem.
Good luck, and most importantly, have fun!
v1.2 to v1.4.2
- Flagged as up-to-date with Patch 6.2.3.
- The addon now uses official HandyNotes API instead of using the unmaintained and out-of-date Astrolabe library.
- The dropdown menu to create a TomTom waypoint has been removed in favour of a single right-click.
- Added the ability to alt+right-click to create waypoints to every unvisited Elder.
- Fixed the co-ordinates for Elder Stonefort and Elder Morndeep.
- Removed some duplicate entries for some Elders.